Hotfix name: Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Cumulative Update 1 Hotfix 1
Filenames: CitrixReceiver.exe, ReceiverMetadata.xml
For: Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3
Date: February, 2016
Languages supported: English (US), German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Korean
Readme Version: 1.01
Readme Revision History
|1.01||April, 2016||Various documentation updates|
|1.00||February, 2016||Initial release|
Important Disclaimer - Limited Release Receiver
If the Download link is not available on this page and you wish to obtain this limited distribution release, visit our support site at http://www.citrix.com/support and open a support case using your Citrix account credentials, or contact your reseller at http://www.citrix.com/partners/locator.
This limited release addresses a specific issue(s) reported by a specific customer(s) in a specific deployment(s). Testing was targeted only at the affected functionality, and regression and stress testing were minimal. Introduce this release to a test environment for evaluation before deploying it to a production environment. This release is not intended for customers other than those who reported the issue it addresses. All other customers are advised to upgrade to the latest Public or Cumulative Update release.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CITRIX AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE AND YOU RECEIVE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, AND CITRIX AND ITS SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM WITH RESPECT TO THIS RELEASE ANY CONDITIONS OF QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, SECURITY, LACK OF VIRUSES, BUGS OR ERRORS, OR SUPPORT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER CITRIX, NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, MULTIPLE, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, LOST PROFITS, COSTS OF RECOVERY OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT CITRIX, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) resolved by this release and includes installation instructions. For additional product information, including system requirements, see Receiver for Windows 4.3 on the Citrix Product Documentation site.
Important Notes about This Release
- To deploy the current Citrix Receiver installation files through StoreFront server, follow the steps described in "Make Citrix Receiver installation files available on the server" under Configure Receiver for Web sites using the configuration files on the Citrix Product Documentation site.
- This release is based on Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Cumulative Update 1 (14.3.100). Any known issues in Version 4.3 of the product, except for the specific issues resolved in this release, still apply.
- Caution! This upgrade does not patch the existing installation - it fully replaces it with a new installation. As a result, uninstalling this package removes the entire component from the computer. If the need arises to revert to an earlier version of the product, you must uninstall this package and then reinstall the earlier version of the product. Reverting to an earlier version of the product might result in the loss of settings you configure while this upgrade is installed.
- Caution! This release may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Citrix recommends that you uninstall this version of Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Cumulative Update 1 (14.3.101) before you upgrade to Receiver for Windows 4.4.
Known Issues in This Release
- After starting a session, connecting a USB 3.0 device to a USB 2.0 port can cause a blue screen to appear. [BUG0522509]
- After enabling Windows Driver Verifier for ctxusbm.sys and restarting the device, the operating system experiences a "DRIVER_VERIFIER_VIOLATION" error and a blue screen appears. [BUG0553785]
- When using a thin client HP t610 device, starting a session and switching a keyboard or mouse from the USB 2.0 port to a USB 3.0 port can cause the keyboard or mouse to stop working for a few seconds. [BUG0621977]
New Fixes in This Release
When using Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3, devices connected through USB 3.0 - including keyboards and mouse devices - might stop working.
Fixes from Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Cumulative Update 1
This hotfix also contains all fixes included in Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Cumulative Update 1. For a detailed list of the fixes , see Citrix Receiver for Windows 4.3 Fixed Issues on the Citrix Product Documentation site.
Citrix Receiver for Windows
Citrix Receiver Inside
Citrix Authentication Manager
For more information about the receiver, including licensing, client device system requirements, and installation instructions, see Receiver for Windows 4.3 on the Citrix Product Documentation site. Citrix recommends that you run the Receiver Clean-Up Utility to remove any previously installed Citrix Receiver for Windows before installing this version.