Winfax 9.0 is not 100% compatible with Microsoft Windows NT Terminal Server. The Multi-User Features of Terminal Server require some modifications to make it work properly. Following are Step-by-Step instructions on how to modify the application to work:
Winfax Pro cannot be installed through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. To install:
1. To Install, Click Start -> Run
2. Type CHANGE USER /INSTALL
3. Press Enter
4. Insert the Winfax CD-rom into the Cd-rom drive. It will autorun the cd-rom. Click ?Install Now?. If the Cd-rom does not autorun, Click Start -> Run, and type X:SETUP.BAT (Substitute Your Cd-Rom drive letter for X:)
5. Proceed through the installation as desired, installing whatever components you would like made available to your users.
At one point in the installation, the screen will go blank, and the installation program will appear to be hung. To Continue installing, Press Ctrl-Escape to bring up the start menu. Click Run. Type NET START SPOOLER and press enter. The installation should continue.
6. After the installation is complete, WinFax will attempt to connect to the internet for an update. This update contains a number of bug fixes, and is recommended. Following this, the server will reboot.
7. To complete the installation, a modification to the registry is necessary. The following can be cut-and-pasted into notepad and REGEDIT will import from this page:
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionTerminal ServerCompatibilityApplicationsWFXCTL32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionTerminal ServerCompatibilityApplicationsWFXSNT40]
8. Select and Copy the text above. Open Notepad.
9. Click Edit -> Paste. Click File -> Save As.
10. Save the file as Winfax.txt, and save it to the desktop.
11. Open Regedit. Click registry -> Import File, Locate Winfax.txt on the desktop. (Note: In the ?Files of Type? box, Select ?All files *.*? ) Click Ok.
12. Reboot. Winfax is now completely installed.