Edit the registry to reflect the altered location.
Fatal Error - "Missing Required Component. Could not find IIS."
The Installer determined that IIS is not installed. You need to install IIS and have it running on the server prior to installing the Secure Ticket Authority (STA). Install IIS before running this Installer again.
1. Run a script from Microsoft TechNet (Article Q274140 - Windows 2000 Setup Installs IIS Data to System Drive by Default) to register the Web site in a location different from the default (%System Drive%/Inetpub/wwwroot).
2. Modify the script to register the new site to c:inetpub2wwwrooot.
3. Remove the old Inetpub directory and its entire contents.
4. Proceed to install STA; the above error message appears.
1. Restore the old Inetpub directory along with the underlying directories (wwwroot, scripts, ftproot...etc) underneath the system drive. Leave the Inetupub2wwwroot as the default Web root.
NOTE: The STA Installer uses the following registry key to determine the inetpublocation:
The normal value is: c:inetpub.
2. Modify the registry to reflect the altered location.