Installing MetaFrame for UNIX 1.1 on IBM-AIX
1. Log on as root.
2. Create a ctxadm group.
3. Create a user ctxsrvr and make sure the user belongs to the ctxadm group.
4. Insert the CD.
5. At a command prompt, type smit. (This brings up a GUI interface. Smit is used for System Administration tasks.)
6. Click Software Installation and Maintenance.
7. Click Install and Update software.
8. Click Install and Update software by Package Name.
9. A dialog box appears. Click List and select the drive in which you inserted the CD.
10. When the next dialog box appears, click Citrix and click OK.
11. In the next dialog box click CitrixMetaFrame ALL @@CitrixMetaframe all filesets. (This installs all MetaFrame components.)
12. In the next dialog box, press OK. Detailed output is displayed while MetaFrame is installed. Note the "running man" icon in the top right corner - this indicates that files are being downloaded.
13. When the man in the top right corner stops running and raises his arms, installation is complete. Click Done.
14. Add the licenses on MetaFrame for UNIX 1.1. You can now accept ICA connections.