This is a summary of installing Attachmates Extra! Version 4.3 on Microsofts Terminal Server for NT that is used in conjunction with MetaFrame 1.x.
1. Run Change User /Install at a command prompt and then install the software or install through the Control Panel applet Add/Remove Programs. (Installing through the UI in Add and Remove Programs is the preferred and recommended method for all Windows based applications.)
2. If you ran Change User /Install, run Change User /Execute after installation is finished. If done through the Add and Remove Programs, make sure you click Finish after the application install wizard has completed.
3. Create an Extra directory for each user. Typically, this will be under each users home directory (for example, Users\%Username%Extra).
4. Copy the contents of the ExtrawinUser directory (created by software installation) to each users Extra directory.
5. Edit each users Win.ini file (under User\%Username%Windows) on the Terminal Server. Locate the [Extra!] section and add Directory=C:Users\%Username%Extra.
6. Edit each users Extra4w.ini file (under User\%Username%Extra). In the .INI file, you can set the location for the startup configuration file and the log file for the user. Also add the line Directory=C:Users\%Username%Extra.